The JHSML Math Competition was started in order to offer Jewish high school students an opportunity to compete and pursue and develop their love for mathematics. This competition is a prestigious international math contest on high-level, Jewish themed math concepts.
Last year, the competition had 1,000+ participants representing over 50 schools across all six inhabitable continents. Additionally, in order to expand the accessibility of the test, we are offering the test in six languages: English, Spanish, Russian, Hebrew, Portuguese, and French. We are incredibly excited and proud to be serving such a large and wonderful group of people and look forward to your school’s participation this year.
The competition is a test for Jewish High School students and will consist of Olympiad-style, logic based questions in order to give an equal opportunity to students at different grade levels. The test will contain 15 problems to be completed in 45 minutes with the questions set at an increasing rate of difficulty. The test will cover basic concepts in Pre-Algebra, Algebra I, and Geometry but will not require any specific knowledge within their disciplines such as formulas and methods of calculation. These questions will also be related to Jewish concepts but will not require any specific knowledge in Judaic studies.
The content will be reviewed and graded by education professionals from a number of institutions in order to ensure that the question making and grading process are completely unbiased and the material is nothing but professional.
- Free! – just like last year, the competition is completely free as we want to make it as easy as possible to register and participate.
- Fill out our quick registration form and you are ready to go! We’ve worked very hard to make the process as easy as possible.
- The 2022 competition will be available on March 14 and March 15, 2022.
- The competition is completely online and will be taken at the high school the student is enrolled in (which will have a proctor or administrator present during the exam).
- How to study
- Visit the section of our website which contains last year’s test, a practice test, and numerous other sources of study material.
Upon registration, we will supply you with more details regarding the competition and how to participate.
If you have any technical or content questions feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’d be happy to help.